vendredi, septembre 09, 2022

London Bridge is down

I remember been stopped by a Republican Guard in maximum magnificent attire, in the dawn of a normal business day, while I was approaching the banks of the Seine River in Paris. We, the very few cars, bikes and people walking down the street had to wait althrough the bank was obviously empty, but maybe the shiny look of the policeman and his motorbike, maybe the enlightment of the early morning, I could feel there was something big coming in the air. And it happened. 

The Car appeared, probably a Rolls Royce but maybe my mind is playing with my memory. Her majesty was there, in the back seat obviously and I remember the clear hat through the large windows. I really still don’t know where it came from, but I instinctively waived. The few of us all waived. And she waived back. And the motorcade was gone, just like if all this never happened. The majesty of royalty I guess.

Condoleances to the Commonwealth and long live the King.